Grand Knight's Message for September, 2016
September is back to school month. This year is especially tough because St Rose had to close the academy. Rather than dwell on the negatives think of all the lives that were touched by our school. Going forward our CCD program will continue to enrich the lives of all those who pass through our doors.
Everyone in my neighborhood is now going back to work or school. Days are shorter, nights are longer. More traffic etc. We begin closing in on the end of the year. October is Halloween. November is Thanksgiving and December is Christmas. Brothers we have many events scheduled in the next several months so please get involved.
On Tuesday September 6th we paid our final respects to Brother Patrick Pepe. I had the pleasure of coaching his son Matt and my son Joe in Rec basketball in 2000. That year they were the best team in their age group. The Holy Spirit is always present in our lives. Thank you Deacon Vin, Ron, and Bob for your continued support.
On that note I'd like to share Six Tiny Stories with Great Meanings:
1. Once all villagers decided to pray for rain, on the day of prayer all the people gathered, but only 1 boy came with an umbrella.
2. When you throw a baby in the air, she laughs because she knows you will catch her.
3. Every night we go to bed, without assurance of being alive the next morning but still we set the alarm to wake up.
4. We plan big things for tomorrow in spite of zero knowledge of the future.
5. We see the world suffering, but still we get married and have children.
6. On an old man's shirt was written a sentence, I am not 90 years old... I am sweet 16 with 74 years experience.
Fraternally, Joseph Carvagno
Grand Knight 6504
Supreme Council Newsfeed
Articles from Columbia